The movie industry celebrates its best and brightest this weekend, but we thought “why should they have all of the fun?” So cast your vote in the first annual “Oscarfone Awards”!
In this entirely fan-based contest, educators get to vote for their favorite Califone video from one of the following five categories. The nominees this year are:
- Best Documentary; Diggiditto Smart Document Camera; This upstart has the Big Boys shaking because of its image recognition software, the first of its kind that enables teachers to create a permanent tutorial for students to later review.
- Best Product Actress in a Leading Role; Wireless Tablet Interface; This little beauty delivers the wireless ability to control a computer from up to 50’ away. So if a projector is connected to that computer for the entire class to see, the teacher can still lead the discussion.
- Best Product Actor in a Leading Role; Infrared Classroom Audio System; Perhaps the loudest voice in the group, this handsome guy takes everyone’s breath away by enabling all students to hear, allows teleconferencing and even connects with the main office for announcements.
- Best Director; Wireless Mics; It’s been said you can’t lead a group if they can’t hear you…
- Best Product Short; Titanium Series; Initially described as “all wet,” teachers at the recent National Title 1 and TCEA conferences are raving about this just-launched line of headphones and headsets.
Votes for the winner are to be cast on the company’s Facebook page until 8:00am Pacific on Monday, February 28th. Open to educators only, the winner will be randomly chosen and will receive 5 of the company’s new Webcams.
Tags: 3.5mm plugs, audio, Califone DC596 Document Camera, classroom, computer, Cord chewing, headphones, Hearing Safety & Protection, infrared, microphones, noise-reducing earcups, stereo, tablet, Titanium, usb, washable, wireless