Skype recently announced the launch of its free directory for teachers who want to use Skype to bring education to life in their classrooms.
Skype in the Classroom is a free community to help educators use Skype to help their students learn. It’s a place for teachers to connect with each other, find partner classes and share inspiration. This is a global initiative that was created in response to the growing number of teachers using Skype in their classrooms.
Califone offer four categories of audio-visual products to help teachers and students use Skype; computer peripherals, classroom audio systems, headphones and headsets and jackboxes.
- Webcam for students to see and hear
- Infrared Classroom Audio System enables teleconferencing for whole-class participation
- Diggiditto Document Camera enables students to use Skype
- Upgrading your Jackbox to use Skype
- In-line volume control on headsets
- USB Digital Microscope used in distance learning
Adding the ability to Skype from your classroom can open up a new and exciting way for students to learn and be exposed to the world far beyond their walls.
Read the next blog in the series about the Diggiditto.